Furious Angels

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Ordin
Trevlac
6 posters

Policies

Trevlac
    Trevlac
    Admin

Female Number of posts : 686
    Experience :
    Policies Left_bar0 / 500 / 50Policies Right_bar

Ultimate End character
    Class:
    Life:
    Policies Left_bar10/10Policies Empty_bar  (10/10)
    Weave:
    Policies Left_bar5/5Policies Empty_bar  (5/5)

Policies Empty Policies

Post by Trevlac Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:50 am

So like most politicians, they have policies, which are basically where they stand on trivial situations within America, or the world. I decided to take a few of those and put them here so we can all share our policies to see who thinks what. For fun I suppose. Here's the categories...just say how you feel about them.

Environmental Position
    LGBT (Lesbian, Gays, Bisexual, Transgender)
    Gun Control
    Military
    Marijuana
    Stem Cell Research
    Welfare
    Affirmative Action

Environmental
    All scientific evidence shows that we as humans have not contributed to any endangering effects to our environment. 97% of the carbon dioxide output of the Earth comes from forests and marshlands while only 3% is humans including factories and cars. We're not destroying the atmosphere. Recycling costs more energy and fossil fuels to process and reproduce items than simply putting it in a land fill (except aluminum cans). Land fills do not take up a lot of space, a 35 square mile would hold all of America's trash alone for the next 1,000 years. Land fills are clean and run by strict codes, and the best part: when full they lay topsoil and plant trees making it into a thriving natural park. So being green is humbug.

Lesbian, Gays, Bisexual, Transgender
    People should be free to live how they choose. End of story. And I'm even one of these things so obviously I'm for it lest I be a hypocrite and a bigot.

Gun Control
    None whatsoever, ever. Robbers would think twice if everyone else had a gun. They don't even all have to be loaded or ever fired. Carrying a gun is deterrent enough. Why? They're fighting for gain, you're fighting for your life. And try this thought experiment: Women are assaulted by armed criminals more than any other group. If each woman was assigned a gun to carry at all times and if only even half of them did so, that's a 50% chance that your head gets blown off if you try to rob, abduct, or sexually assault her. If the civilians had guns on planes 9-11 would never have happened. We were given a right to bear arms in case the country used its government or police to control us wrongly. I suggest we use them. Gun control is humbug.

Military
    What needs to be said? I'm anti military and I'm not. We won this country's Independence with a civilian militia against a tyrannical military and yet we are now the tyrants in today's world. At the same time I'm sure a modest military is essential to any country's survival. But think back to the last time we really needed one. Not Iraq, that was none of our business, not 9-11, that wasn't prevented by the military, not Vietnam, again not our business, not the Cold War, we didn't use the military, ahhh, World War II. And that was...how many decades ago? We need to cut military funding instead of exponentially increasing it every year. Canada is a free country that seems to do fine with hardly any military. Excess military spending is humbug.

Marijuana
    Just legalize it for Christ's sake. I have never and will never touch it in my life but other people should have the right to mess up their own bodies however they wish. It's not for me to say who gets to be messed up and in what way. MJ is scientifically proven to have positive medical effects for those with Leukemia and other diseases. The biggest drawback is the psychosis of the drug and especially the lung damage. MJ, however, is not linked to cancer and has never in the history of human civilization killed a single person. Making it legal would mean less people rebelling and buying it, less people taking up taxpayer's money in prison, higher quality product regulated and taxed by the government which eliminates the entire black market, and subsequently gangs. Basically tonnes of lives will be saved and we'll be a freer nation. Illegal drugs are humbug.

Stem Cell Research
    Do it, stop bitching about it. Grow up, "moral" people. Banning stem-cell research is humbug.

Welfare
    Get rid of it. It was designed as a temporary solution and it doesn't work. It's not the government's job to take care of everyone and this is coming from someone who lived at and below poverty level all her life (until recently). In America, we always take things well beyond their intended time. Continuing welfare is humbug.

Affirmative Action
    It was great for its time but since racism is at an all-time low, it should be ousted. Too many qualifying people are being turned down for jobs just to meet ethnicity quotas. And it's not the government's job to tell a commercial business who they can and can't hire anyway. Affirmitive action is humbug.
    Ordin
    Ordin
    Admin

Male Number of posts : 432
    Experience :
    Policies Left_bar4 / 504 / 50Policies Right_bar

Ultimate End character
    Class: Gladiator/Judge
    Life:
    Policies Left_bar160/200Policies Empty_bar  (160/200)
    Weave:
    Policies Left_bar30/30Policies Empty_bar  (30/30)

Policies Empty Re: Policies

Post by Ordin Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:15 am

Environmental Position
    Not worried. Planet earth's life will survive long after humans have committed mass suicide. a nuclear holocaust would be no where as devastating as the K-T extinction event that killed the dinosaurs; and look how well life bounced back from that. Sure, fish get poisoned by mercury and penguins get ousted with oil on a daily basis, but it doesn't affect my life. There are bigger things to worry about than shit that hardly harms the environment.

Everybody should go for it. I'm relatively pansexual, and open to all forms of love though I may not reciprocate. I find myself reacting equally to all displays of affection. Nobody should be told what to do or who to love, for any reason.

well, unless that other person is being harmed in some REAL (non-religiously implied) way.

Gun Control
    When they take away your ability to defend yourself, you've got no choice other than to obey. Unless you think you can bring about an insurrection with rocks and sticks and molotovs. If everyone was armed we'd be better able to defend ourselves. Besides--there's a black market and its not difficult to get a hold of a gun if you're not worried about breaking the law. Give me $200 and a month and I could have a GLOCK in my possession.

Military
    A small military is good enough. America hardly needs one. All recent wars were by our own hands. Look at Switzerland. Who fucks with the Swedes? Their army is basically security guards. A military for defense is good enough--focus on that so foreign invaders (lol, wut?) can't bomb our asses and whatever. It's not like America deserves to stick around in its current state so FUCK, why don't we just get crazy and get rid of the whole military?

Marijuana
    You have to smoke 1.5 times your body weight in weed to die from an overdose (an average of 200 POUNDS of pot), or $160000 for some run-of-the-mill schwag, but you'd go comatose from your high or pass out LOOOOONNNGGG before that. You'd have to force-smoke the weed with an iron lung or something. Marijuana is not chemically addictive and even goes as far to prove medically significant and a pain reducer, etc. Legalization and regulation (a la cigarettes and tobacco) would create millions of new jobs and eradicate a large portion of the drug cartel, and rescue billions of dollars in tax payer's money from overfilled jails.

Stem Cell Research
    This one is pretty much a given. You can get stem cells from other places than fetuses. Not that that matters though: a lump of cells or a "soulless" (i'm using the term lightly) human jelly mass hardly has any hope and aspirations. They're completely neutral to the idea of dying. Plus it's up to the woman--it's HER teratoma after all.

Welfare
    With all the corporations masturbating all over society--infecting all points of our lives like an overgrown fungus, and with politicians working to mutilate the middle class and work us into a poor/rich class divide, plus with a failing economy, it would be retarded and violent to drop welfare. Some of us can't work. Some of us don't WANT to work. Some of us are tired of their shit. Some of us wanna burn down the country. Give us this one last vestige that the government gives a fucking shit about the poor. In the fucking least.

Affirmative Action
    race-quotas are dumb. Encouraging minorities to speak out against corporations that do them wrong is awesome. Increased penalties for LLCs (I fucking hate LLCs more than life itself) that cross the boundary of what is acceptable would be nice.
    Trevlac
    Trevlac
    Admin

Experience :

Ultimate End character
    Class:
    Life:
    Weave:

Post by Trevlac Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:29 am

In regard to your stance on welfare: I find it highly ironic and comical that citizens actually pay their own welfare with taxes. But then I remember I'm paying it too...and I rage. Because distribution of wealth is communism, not capitalism.

I can't hardly believe we agree on everything else. That's fucking insane. Where 2 years ago you and I would be at each other's throats on these things.
    Ordin
    Ordin
    Admin

Experience :

Ultimate End character
    Life:
    Weave:

Post by Ordin Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:35 am

You've become a lot more liberal in your old age, but you've still got some growing up to do. C:

On the welfare thing: I don't mind. I hate capitalism with a passion. Why do those faggot "CEOs" get all the money and freedom? It's not like they do shit. What, business expanses? the only reason that works is because your multinational corporation already owns all the money and can do absolutely anything it wants. it only sounds like a complicated tactic that requires finesse because of the name. It SHOULD be called "buyout other businesses and take their customers with our huge vaults of endless money"

Those rich fuckers have enough to share. What the fuck do they even DO with it all? everyone should be able to survive, especially in the super duper country of America, where the American Dream was to have a house and food on the table or some shit.
    Trevlac
    Trevlac
    Admin

Experience :

Ultimate End character
    Class:
    Life:
    Weave:

Post by Trevlac Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:38 am

They get that money because they were smart enough to work the economy well and earn it. Corporations supply you with food, housing parts, clothing, water, utilities, toys, vidya, cigarettes, and everything you own. You don't have to give them your money but every time you make that choice, that's you supporting capitalism. And that corporation.

I'm not one for wanting a lot of money but I can't say that we should be pissed at all the rich people for getting money. There are as many ways to live as there are people and each should be free to do so in the way they choose.
    Ordin
    Ordin
    Admin

Experience :

Ultimate End character
    Life:
    Weave:

Post by Ordin Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:51 am

I agree heartily. With all these rich bastards massaging capitalism into our faces its impossible to live by your own rules without going to jail or dying pitifully in a gutter. unless you're an intelligent squatter and have a team behind you, but what with the (ignorant) popularity of capitalism, that's rather hard to come by.
    Daius
    Daius

Male Number of posts : 202
    Experience :
    Policies Left_bar3 / 503 / 50Policies Right_bar

Ultimate End character
    Class: Judge
    Life:
    Policies Left_bar179/179Policies Empty_bar  (179/179)
    Weave:
    Policies Left_bar23/23Policies Empty_bar  (23/23)

Post by Daius Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:03 pm

Environmental Position

Let's face it, we could be dumping something more dangerous into the air than car exhaust, but that doesn't mean we should totally disregard cleaner styles of energy. We have the technology, so why not use it? Electric cars are coming onto the market (Chevorlet Volt) and one energy source that may be more relied on in the future is wind power. It just would seem pointless for us to suddenly drop all the work we have done. Another thing people forget about is that the world is always changing anyways. We are currently in a change of environment, so I highly doubt that it's cause is from us.

Have at it. Just please, respect that I'm not interested in having a same sex relationship and be respectable of me saying "no." This doesn't mean I hate you, I just don't like being hit on by another guy because that's not how I roll.

Gun Control

One of the main ideas behind gun control in Canada is registering all guns. It's completely fruitless. Let me put it this way. Johnny wants to rob a bank. Do you really think he's going to register his gun? I also hate the idea of carrying a weapon that will cause harm to another being. Sure you don't have to carry it around loaded, but are we really at the point where we have to carry a gun to protect ourselves?

Military

Canadian military is small, but that doesn't mean our parliament is pumping money into it. We have no need to be spending billions of dollars on a PEACEKEEPING military. The most you should be putting into the military is for wages and general maintenance of military vehicles. We don't want to end up like the United States and be trillions of dollars in debt.

Marijuana

It may surprise you to know this, but I don't mind people doing it. The only thing I hate is when people overuse and when they shove it in my face and tell me "It does nothing to you, seriously." One of my studies in Biology is the affects of drugs on the body. Yes, it does fuck you up, but an ounce won't fuck you up right away. A Carcinogen is one of the worst things to be putting into your body and on top of that, the nerve damage to your brain is, on the most part, irreversible. Keep in mind that nerve damage would come from smoking that "Fatty Bo Batty blunt" on a day to day basis. Casual smoking won't.... as soon anyways. But please, don't shove it in my face. That's all I ask. Another concern I have is what the dealers give you. I'll bet that half of what you buy has been spiked with something. That's probably what causes different names of it, but I know very little about that so I won't touch on it.

Stem Cell Research

A beautiful thing in research. The funny thing is, we don't have to use zygotes anymore. There are so many other ways we can get stem cells in the stage where a stem cell can branch off to be anything. Hell, there's even a way to take a hair follicle cell and TURN it into a stem cell. We have no need to bitch over how we kill babies for it. It's fucking stupid. That research is done and over with.

Welfare

My mother and I were on welfare for a while when we were on our own. She is now off of welfare and have been for 4 years and during the times we were on welfare, we desperately needed it. It's a great idea when your going to be on welfare temporarily. But the idiots who like to ride welfare like a pony deserve to be handed a big fuck you instead of a cheque. What should be done (assuming it hasn't already been done) is they need to add a deadline to find a job and get off of welfare. When the deadline is reached and they haven't found a job, they will be taken off of welfare and must reapply with a well based reason why.

Affirmative Action

I don't understand this fully so I don't have a stand on this situation.
    Cain Le Creuset
    Cain Le Creuset

Male Number of posts : 90
    Experience :

Post by Cain Le Creuset Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:55 pm

Environmental Position

i'm on the same point as Daius with this one. try cleaner energy sources, while trying to clean up the ones we're using now. This would include stopping production on gas guzzlers like hummers and the like, and encouraging sales on hybrid cars, and cars that can run for a fair amount of time on little gas.

LGBT

go for it. i have a few gay and bi friends, and i'm totally cool with it. i appreciate any compliments, but just know that although i respect that decision, i don't walk that path.

Gun Control

revoke the use of guns from citizens, and restrict it to law enforcement and military folk. this keeps the streets safe from random shootings for a while (as i see that imports are inevitable) and the law enforcement is still able to keep criminals in order.

Military

the Canadian military is small compared to America, but it's sufficient. however, unless the need arises where we are forced to go to war, i would keep the military here in Canada.

Marijuana

Legalize it. it can act as a painkiller, keeps you relaxed, and legalizing it would cut down crime by a lot. half of the crimes committed by teens that i know of, are drug deals for weed. if weed was legalized, and the age limit set to 18, then the smokers would be at home, watching trippy movies and eating everything in their house. also could help the economy. weed and food sales would go up like fuck.

Stem Cell Research

again, i agree with Daius. no need to explain, i think.

Welfare

keep welfare, but also keep a bi-weekly tab on everyone who is on welfare. this ensures that you're only using it to get you by till you find a steady job that you can fully support yourself with. Anyone who thinks that they can just ride welfare for a while will be taken off welfare for a time for abusing it, and that should give them a kick in the pants and will most likely prompt them to get a proper job.

i also, don't understand the last part, so i can't put anything there.
    Trevlac
    Trevlac
    Admin

Experience :

Ultimate End character
    Class:
    Life:
    Weave:

Post by Trevlac Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:43 pm

Daius wrote:Environmental Position

Let's face it, we could be dumping something more dangerous into the air than car exhaust, but that doesn't mean we should totally disregard cleaner styles of energy. We have the technology, so why not use it? Electric cars are coming onto the market (Chevorlet Volt) and one energy source that may be more relied on in the future is wind power. It just would seem pointless for us to suddenly drop all the work we have done. Another thing people forget about is that the world is always changing anyways. We are currently in a change of environment, so I highly doubt that it's cause is from us.

Cain Le Creuset wrote:Environmental Position

i'm on the same point as Daius with this one. try cleaner energy sources, while trying to clean up the ones we're using now. This would include stopping production on gas guzzlers like hummers and the like, and encouraging sales on hybrid cars, and cars that can run for a fair amount of time on little gas.

That wasn't really a question on your take with types of energy we should use but what we should do about the environment (such as recycling, emissions, spaying and neutering animals, endangered animals, etc).

I'm pretty sure everyone wants to use cleaner energy.
    Ordin
    Ordin
    Admin

Experience :

Ultimate End character
    Life:
    Weave:

Post by Ordin Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:38 am

Some Republicans don't. They don't think there's a need for it and that it'd be wasting money (see: iraq war), and that there's plenty of oil everywhere. I don't understand how conservo-fascists can be so against everything completely logical.
    Trevlac
    Trevlac
    Admin

Experience :

Ultimate End character
    Class:
    Life:
    Weave:

Post by Trevlac Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:34 am

We need to use nuclear energy, period. There's no arguing it. It's cleaner, safer, and cheaper than any other energy source with high output.
    Ordin
    Ordin
    Admin

Experience :

Ultimate End character
    Life:
    Weave:

Post by Ordin Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:02 am

Plus ethanol=cutting down the rainforest for crop land at warp speed 9. like hell they're gonna use other land for that.
    Trevlac
    Trevlac
    Admin

Experience :

Ultimate End character
    Class:
    Life:
    Weave:

Post by Trevlac Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:29 am

Ordin wrote:Plus ethanol=cutting down the rainforest for crop land at warp speed 9. like hell they're gonna use other land for that.

Cutting down trees is a good thing though. The more trees we buy and demand, the more we plant to grow. People don't realize the more paper and lumber we buy the more forests are made. Trees are a renewable resource thankfully. We currently are growing more trees than we can cut down.
    Ordin
    Ordin
    Admin

Experience :

Ultimate End character
    Life:
    Weave:

Post by Ordin Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:31 pm

i'm not worried about the TREES. fuck the TREES. there are other plants and animals that live in the rainforest, and they aren't being displaced anywhere, they just die. plus, there are tribes that live in rainforest areas that rely on it to continue their way of life. i know i went on a rant about evolution taking its course and life continuing no matter what we do, but seriously. the rainforest is one of the last vestiges of nature, we don't need to put our dick in EVERYTHING.
    Trevlac
    Trevlac
    Admin

Experience :

Ultimate End character
    Class:
    Life:
    Weave:

Post by Trevlac Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:02 pm

Thank god that less than 1% of species die each year rather than the 50,000 that various agencies use scare tactics to make us believe.

It's also comforting to know that 99% of all species are already eradicated. Mother nature is one cold bitch. And we're part of her.
    Ordin
    Ordin
    Admin

Experience :

Ultimate End character
    Life:
    Weave:

Post by Ordin Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:29 pm

of course 99% of species have been eradicated. the earth has been spawning life for FUCKLOL longtimezzz
    Daius
    Daius

Male Number of posts : 202
    Experience :
    Policies Left_bar3 / 503 / 50Policies Right_bar

Ultimate End character
    Class: Judge
    Life:
    Policies Left_bar179/179Policies Empty_bar  (179/179)
    Weave:
    Policies Left_bar23/23Policies Empty_bar  (23/23)

Post by Daius Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:34 pm

Trevlac wrote:We need to use nuclear energy, period. There's no arguing it. It's cleaner, safer, and cheaper than any other energy source with high output.

The only downside to Nuclear energy is the biproduct that is produced. We really don't have anywhere really safe to put it other than underground, and even then there have been cases where underground chambers that store biproducts have been leaking. Error on the engineer side I'd say.

I believe another tactic to store bi products is placing them in heavy water (D2O). Which is alot safer than storing it underground, but you need an olympic pool to store all of it.

Last edited by Daius on Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ordin
    Ordin
    Admin

Experience :

Ultimate End character
    Life:
    Weave:

Post by Ordin Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:48 pm

D2O or ²H2O, you fag.
    Vicodin
    Vicodin

Female Number of posts : 76
    Experience :

Ultimate End character
    Class:
    Life:
    Weave:

Post by Vicodin Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:49 pm

Environmental
    There is so much more that people can be doing in this respect! For starters, I want to close drive thrus. Bear with me. With drive thrus you have idling, and excessive waste. Eat in. If you don't have five minutes to scarf down a burger, then starve. Also, abolishment of coffee take-away cups. Travel mugs only, or ceramic ones for drinking in. Electric or diesel cars. Another of my ideas is massive indoor hydroponic growing of crops. No need for GMOs, or harsh chemicals. Plus, its run by sunlight all year round. Get rid of plastic bags. More free-market initiatives. More composting. COMPOSTING TOILETS. Yes, I'm just listing off ideas. More government funding is needed to promote the switch to new lights bulbs and higher efficiency appliances. The Canadian gov't is already giving people money back for upgrades and energy audits. I'm a green hippy, yeah...so sue me.

Lesbian, Gays, Bisexual, Transgender
    Let people fuck who they want, end of story.

Gun Control
    Strict. Guns shouldn't even exist.

Military
    UGH. This is where it gets tricky for me. I'm a pacifist, so I don't believe in guns or professional armies. However, I realize that we need one. I say that Canada gets rid of the reserve army. It takes up a ton of money, and these guys aren't even going overseas. Make army guys choose. If most ranks above private were forced to go reg-force, we'd actually have a better army. Stop sending privates to the middle east! They don't know what the fuck they're doing.

Marijuana
    I don't smoke it, but let others have it. Make it government regulated. Same goes from prostitution. It's just safer for everyone that way.

Stem Cell Research
    Most stem cells come from aborted babies. They've been aborted, might as well use the stem cells. Plus, stem cells CAN come from other sources. DO it.

Welfare
    Bring back the means test and work camps. LOL. I believe in social securities, but restrictions on who gets welfare and how much need to be more carefully devised. Also, do away with the Canada Child Tax Benefit. It's only encouraging people to be whores. Finally, something needs to be done about OSAP. It needs to go directly to the school, not to the student. My friend got so much OSAP that he's going to CUBA for a holiday. Meanwhile, I'm paying for my education out of pocket. i'm spending reading week in cold-ass ontario.,.yeah...thats fair.

Affirmative Action
    Fuck affirmative action. People should get hired based on merit, not on skin colour or gender or whatever. My campus gives hiring preference to women, minorities, and aboriginals. It offends me as a woman. I'm not a fucking charity case.
    Trevlac
    Trevlac
    Admin

Experience :

Ultimate End character
    Class:
    Life:
    Weave:

Post by Trevlac Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:31 am

Daius wrote:
    Trevlac wrote:We need to use nuclear energy, period. There's no arguing it. It's cleaner, safer, and cheaper than any other energy source with high output.

The only downside to Nuclear energy is the biproduct that is produced. We really don't have anywhere really safe to put it other than underground, and even then there have been cases where underground chambers that store biproducts have been leaking. Error on the engineer side I'd say.

I believe another tactic to store bi products is placing them in heavy water (D2O). Which is alot safer than storing it underground, but you need an olympic pool to store all of it.

Wrong.

Check Yucca Mountain. It's a nuclear waste depository which is several miles under the desert in Nevada. No water to seep in and get contaminated because it's the desert. Nowhere near other people because it's the desert. Toxic waste transport capsules are strong enough to get hit by a ROCKET POWERED DIESEL TRAIN GOING 80MPH. And to be SET ON FIRE WITH JET FUEL AND BURN FOR OVER TWO HOURS both with no damage to the containers they ship them in.

One last myth I'm going to dispel. Nuclear waste is not that toxic. If one container leaked in your area you wouldn't be exposed to more radiation than a chest X-Ray. Furthermore, if there's a leak then you just clean it up and that's it.

The only reason nuclear plants ever had even partial meltdowns (which have resulted in 0 deaths, unlike the thousands each year killed mining for coal or drilling for oil), is because all of our plants were made in the 70's and before, still going by that technology and those safety standards. I can imagine a 2009 plant is 40 times safer and more reliable than a nuclear plant FORTY years ago.

Nuclear Fission is a lot safer than mining for coal or oil. We shouldn't even debate about it as long as thousands of people are still dying doing the latter two while fission plants puff along solemnly. Fuck, the federal government won't even allow Yucca Mountain to come online until 2017. Our energy crisis will be at the breaking point by then. I can only hope that some people start giving America the facts about nuclear fission instead of ridiculous scare tactics and junk science.
    Toothpick
    Toothpick

Male Number of posts : 273
    Experience :
    Policies Left_bar2 / 502 / 50Policies Right_bar

Ultimate End character
    Class: Gladiator
    Life:
    Policies Left_bar166/166Policies Empty_bar  (166/166)
    Weave:
    Policies Left_bar18/18Policies Empty_bar  (18/18)

Post by Toothpick Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:29 pm

Environmental Position
    I agree with Davis on this pretty much. Fission has a bad rap, but it's really damn excellent. If fusion comes through at ITER, we could totally end our dependence on any form of combustible fuel and switch to solar-electric vehicles in a few generations, which is awesome. If any of you have never heard of the Aptera, look it up. Hyper efficient, cheap, durable electric or hybrid vehicle.
    Fuck the conservatives amd their insane focus on what is clearly none of their business. Gay marriage and adoption are so obviously fine that I feel no need to even clarify it.
    Gun Control
    With stuff like background checks, I can understand why you'd try to do that. I think it would be neat if we created a central repository that citizens could use when they sold guns to people. Have the person type in their SSN, and it will tell you if they have a felony on their record. Not required or anything, but a lot of people would probably like to avoid selling to felons, so it would make it harder for criminals to get guns.
    Military
    Merge the police and the military together, and give them absurdly awesome training in personal relations. Cut the military budget, and quit raping other countries out of boredom. Gangs will evaporate in the face of uber elite supercops with machine guns. Also change the nature of how police deal with protesters, make sure they thoroughly understand that you have to make a measured, thoughtful response to a situation.
    Marijuana
    Good shit. Legalize it, make sure it's pure, tax it a bit, create jobs, help the sick and the bored lead better lives.
    Stem Cell Research
    Fuck fetuses!
    Welfare
    My brother is a retard, he gets a couple thou a year, which my parents spend getting him medicine and on appointments. Used carefully, it can be good for those who are trying to raise a family after a husband or mother dies, or to supplement the income of someone who's working a low end job. We should try to give people more who go to tech schools and have jobs, reward people for bettering themselves. Thee higher paying jobs, and higher tax bracket they move into, will help pay for it in the long run.
    Affirmative Action
    Racism should be cruelly punished. Quotas are silly. Merit is everything, make sure their is no racial bias, and then run shit straight.

This is within the current political framework, of corse. My ideal answer to all of these is VOLUNTARY COLLECTIVIST ANARCHY!!!!!!

Last edited by Toothpick on Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)
    Trevlac
    Trevlac
    Admin

Experience :

Ultimate End character
    Class:
    Life:
    Weave:

Post by Trevlac Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:58 pm

I couldn't even take your policies seriously because you typo-ed every other word.
    Toothpick
    Toothpick

Experience :

Ultimate End character
    Life:
    Weave:

Post by Toothpick Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:26 pm

Sorry for being human.
    Trevlac
    Trevlac
    Admin

Experience :

Ultimate End character
    Class:
    Life:
    Weave:

Post by Trevlac Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:40 pm

Toothpick wrote:Sorry for being human.

No problem, happens to the best of us :D
    Toothpick
    Toothpick

Experience :

Ultimate End character
    Life:
    Weave:

Post by Toothpick Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:46 pm

Any commentary on my views?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 5:39 am