Furious Angels

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Calculating the IQ of the IQ test

Trevlac
    Trevlac
    Admin

Female Number of posts : 686
    Experience :
    Calculating the IQ of the IQ test Left_bar0 / 500 / 50Calculating the IQ of the IQ test Right_bar

Ultimate End character
    Class:
    Life:
    Calculating the IQ of the IQ test Left_bar10/10Calculating the IQ of the IQ test Empty_bar  (10/10)
    Weave:
    Calculating the IQ of the IQ test Left_bar5/5Calculating the IQ of the IQ test Empty_bar  (5/5)

Calculating the IQ of the IQ test Empty Calculating the IQ of the IQ test

Post by Trevlac Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:44 am

So I'm kind of ...crazy. Sometimes. I get bizarre ideas like "How do I calculate the IQ of the IQ test?"

The answer actually came to me today when I was discussing with a friend how vague or specific the questions of a test should be to accurately depict IQ as much as possible. At the worst vagueness, it's useless and an inapplicable skill. At the worst specific, it's only useful for THAT test and nothing else. I thought there might be a sweet spot, but it had to lean to the vague side otherwise it's too subjective.

Plotting vagueness = 0, specific = 9 on a horizontal line like so:

0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

I estimated that a 3 would be the best. I tried finding the mean, median, and range and then meaning that and inversing its square from the length of the string. That's derpspeak for I averaged it, a lot. The answer? Motherfucking 3. I was spot-on. I realized there was an error if I started with 0 because I couldn't find the true median, so I went 1..10 (the .. means inclusive sets) and as expected, it was 4. Since the vagueness was the floor and the specific was the ceiling, I could replace the ceiling with ANY number and calculate its "sweet spot". Which I'm now just calling IQ. So I then calculated the IQ of the IQ test (1..300).

I guessed 128.It was 128 dead on. In other words, 128 is the most desirable outcome for practical usage in every day life. You are above the cut of "normal" people but not prone to the insanities of the geniuses. This "sweet spot" was an estimate that I had used many times before by eyeing number sets that needed a low-end bias average, and I finally figured out the ALGORITHM my brain has been using to do this.

I wrote a code and plotted all of the ceilings divisible by 10 on a graph that I wanted to. Hundreds from 100-1500, also 50 and 10 randomly. In the code "w" is a variable for the ceiling.

Calculating the IQ of the IQ test Iqcalc

This algoithm has some bizarre properties. Firstly ONLY use numbers divisible by 10, it doesn't work any other way. Secondly, it appears to go up by 4's when ceiling is below 10. Then it goes up by 42's, then by 428's. You'll notice ANOTHER pattern. Ceilings that are 700 away (like 100 and 800) are exactly the lower value + 300. Which I find odd. The pattern continues to repeat. 200 ceiling is an IQ of 85 while 900 is IQ of 385.

Here's a data table I made:
    Code:

*NOTE: The "A" before a number stands for power of 10. I use it so 1000+ won't go beyond 3 digits. A50 would be 1500. A00 is 1000 etc

A50 => 642

A40 => 599

A30 => 557

A20 => 514

A10 => 471

A00 => 428

900 => 385

800 => 342

700 => 299

600 => 257

500 => 214

400 => 171

300 => 128

200 => 85

100 => 42

050 => 21

010 => 4

Crazy as FUCK pattern. But note THIS about it: At 10, it's 40%. At 100 it's 42%. At 1000 it's 42.8%
    It keeps getting more accurate in its percentage of the number as it climbs. So the IQ of any number, or better to say:

The "sweet spot" of a range is approximately ~42.8%
    Most people end up in the 33.33~% range, or 1/3.

I guess 42 IS the answer to life, the universe, and everything. And I just calculated the question: What is the universe's sweet spot?

The best approximation I've gotten yet is 42.85714%
    Ordin
    Ordin
    Admin

Male Number of posts : 432
    Experience :
    Calculating the IQ of the IQ test Left_bar4 / 504 / 50Calculating the IQ of the IQ test Right_bar

Ultimate End character
    Class: Gladiator/Judge
    Life:
    Calculating the IQ of the IQ test Left_bar160/200Calculating the IQ of the IQ test Empty_bar  (160/200)
    Weave:
    Calculating the IQ of the IQ test Left_bar30/30Calculating the IQ of the IQ test Empty_bar  (30/30)

Calculating the IQ of the IQ test Empty Re: Calculating the IQ of the IQ test

Post by Ordin Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:38 pm

so, how is the median of 0..9 3 instead of 4.5? how does this calculate the IQ of an IQ test? and how is the IQ of an IQ test also the IQ of the universe? also, what basis for calculating the application of an IQ test question did you use? why is the application of a question important if IQ is derived from the ability to infer correct assumptions given limited information?
    Trevlac
    Trevlac
    Admin

Experience :
    Calculating the IQ of the IQ test Left_bar0 / 500 / 50Calculating the IQ of the IQ test Right_bar

Ultimate End character
    Class:
    Life:
    Calculating the IQ of the IQ test Left_bar10/10Calculating the IQ of the IQ test Empty_bar  (10/10)
    Weave:
    Calculating the IQ of the IQ test Left_bar5/5Calculating the IQ of the IQ test Empty_bar  (5/5)

Post by Trevlac Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:59 pm

Integer math is why it's not 4.5
    Daius
    Daius

Male Number of posts : 202
    Experience :
    Calculating the IQ of the IQ test Left_bar3 / 503 / 50Calculating the IQ of the IQ test Right_bar

Ultimate End character
    Class: Judge
    Life:
    Calculating the IQ of the IQ test Left_bar179/179Calculating the IQ of the IQ test Empty_bar  (179/179)
    Weave:
    Calculating the IQ of the IQ test Left_bar23/23Calculating the IQ of the IQ test Empty_bar  (23/23)

Post by Daius Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:21 pm

Thank you Davis. I now know where to find the G-spot of the universe. And now to rub 42 sweetly and gently...
    Ordin
    Ordin
    Admin

Male Number of posts : 432
    Experience :
    Calculating the IQ of the IQ test Left_bar4 / 504 / 50Calculating the IQ of the IQ test Right_bar

Ultimate End character
    Class: Gladiator/Judge
    Life:
    Calculating the IQ of the IQ test Left_bar160/200Calculating the IQ of the IQ test Empty_bar  (160/200)
    Weave:
    Calculating the IQ of the IQ test Left_bar30/30Calculating the IQ of the IQ test Empty_bar  (30/30)

Post by Ordin Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:45 pm

is 128 the most desirable because it's yours?

or because it's divisible by 8?
    Trevlac
    Trevlac
    Admin

Experience :

Ultimate End character
    Class:
    Life:
    Weave:

Post by Trevlac Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:27 am

It's 128 because it's divisible by 4. See the IQ of 10.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content