Furious Angels

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Remove vocals from songs

Trevlac
    Trevlac
    Admin

Female Number of posts : 686
    Experience :
    Remove vocals from songs Left_bar0 / 500 / 50Remove vocals from songs Right_bar

Ultimate End character
    Class:
    Life:
    Remove vocals from songs Left_bar10/10Remove vocals from songs Empty_bar  (10/10)
    Weave:
    Remove vocals from songs Left_bar5/5Remove vocals from songs Empty_bar  (5/5)

Remove vocals from songs Empty Remove vocals from songs

Post by Trevlac Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:51 pm

I decided to learn something new today. How to remove vocal tracks from music, which as it turns out is retardedly difficult to absolutely impossible depending on the song.

I had to understand a bit about sound theory first so I'll spare you all the details of that. My methodology was pretty complex and took a lot of experimentation but I'm relatively happy with the end result. First I had to add the song Follow the Reaper to a track and split the stereo channels. Next I applied a channel mixer effect to the center channel and adjusted the frequencies so that Alexi Laiho's voice just barely cut out. Followed by inverting the remaining channels to each other, effectively canceling it out.

Now came the hard part. The track sounds like shit at this point. Sure, Alexi's voice is gone but so are all of the center channel instruments. Basically it sounds flat. So I imported the original song into a new track and added a low pass filter that set every frequency above 200hz to zero. Basically nothing above 200hz could play. Then I gingerly adjusted the volumes of both tracks to blend them together (otherwise it's just chaotically loud and sharp or bumpingly low and flat). Once I found the perfect balance, the piece was done. It's not perfect but it works for my first try I suppose.

Note; there is an 8 second lead-in, so don't think it's not playing. I did that for editing purposes.

Children of Bodom - Follow the Reaper
    Ordin
    Ordin
    Admin

Male Number of posts : 432
    Experience :
    Remove vocals from songs Left_bar4 / 504 / 50Remove vocals from songs Right_bar

Ultimate End character
    Class: Gladiator/Judge
    Life:
    Remove vocals from songs Left_bar160/200Remove vocals from songs Empty_bar  (160/200)
    Weave:
    Remove vocals from songs Left_bar30/30Remove vocals from songs Empty_bar  (30/30)

Remove vocals from songs Empty Re: Remove vocals from songs

Post by Ordin Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:38 pm

i don't think you actually made this. enjoy your luke-warm copypasta.
    Trevlac
    Trevlac
    Admin

Experience :

Ultimate End character
    Class:
    Life:
    Remove vocals from songs Left_bar10/10Remove vocals from songs Empty_bar  (10/10)
    Weave:

Post by Trevlac Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:14 pm

:/ why would you troll me?

;_;

I have the adobe audition project files even...
    Vicodin
    Vicodin

Female Number of posts : 76
    Experience :

Ultimate End character
    Class:
    Life:
    Weave:

Post by Vicodin Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:33 pm

There's this fuction of the adio software installed on my computer that can give you like a "karaoke mode"...and you can change your sound environment to say...a sewer or underwater to give your music a really trippy feel. The problem with the so called "karaoke' is that it doesn't get rid of all of the singing, and it often takes a big chunk of the music with it.
    Trevlac
    Trevlac
    Admin

Experience :

Ultimate End character
    Class:
    Life:
    Weave:

Post by Trevlac Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:04 pm

Yeah as I described with my process it does the same thing where it inverts the two stereo waves canceling out the center. The problem with that is if you don't overlay the original with a low pass filter and blend them.
    Toothpick
    Toothpick

Male Number of posts : 273
    Experience :
    Remove vocals from songs Left_bar2 / 502 / 50Remove vocals from songs Right_bar

Ultimate End character
    Class: Gladiator
    Life:
    Remove vocals from songs Left_bar166/166Remove vocals from songs Empty_bar  (166/166)
    Weave:
    Remove vocals from songs Left_bar18/18Remove vocals from songs Empty_bar  (18/18)

Post by Toothpick Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:09 pm

Can't you find the original, unblended studio file with all the tracks seperated? I found something like that months ago. Rather easier to use than your method. I guess for live-recorded songs that wouldn't exist....
    Trevlac
    Trevlac
    Admin

Experience :

Ultimate End character
    Class:
    Life:
    Weave:

Post by Trevlac Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:29 pm

Shit, I wish. I wouldn't even know how to begin such a search.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:06 pm