Furious Angels

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Just owned the fuck out of my mom

Trevlac
    Trevlac
    Admin

Female Number of posts : 686
    Experience :
    Just owned the fuck out of my mom Left_bar0 / 500 / 50Just owned the fuck out of my mom Right_bar

Ultimate End character
    Class:
    Life:
    Just owned the fuck out of my mom Left_bar10/10Just owned the fuck out of my mom Empty_bar  (10/10)
    Weave:
    Just owned the fuck out of my mom Left_bar5/5Just owned the fuck out of my mom Empty_bar  (5/5)

Just owned the fuck out of my mom Empty Just owned the fuck out of my mom

Post by Trevlac Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:20 am

So hard she couldn't even say anything back. We're in the car driving back from the theater and we talk about what Yeshua of Nazereth would have been like. She says something about him being a carpenter and I said "No, he was the son of a carpenter, Jesus was a rabbi."

And she told me to prove it. I said the burden of proof was on her since she made the claim that he was. So she drops the subject pretending she had won and we get home. I searched the bible for every time the word "carpenter" appeared and the only time Jesus is mentioned in the same verse is in Matthew 13:54-56 where the church people ask why the son of a carpenter is preaching. And they finally agree he's a rabbi and let him continue.

She was owned and she didn't speak a single word. She completely ignored me.
    Ordin
    Ordin
    Admin

Male Number of posts : 432
    Experience :
    Just owned the fuck out of my mom Left_bar4 / 504 / 50Just owned the fuck out of my mom Right_bar

Ultimate End character
    Class: Gladiator/Judge
    Life:
    Just owned the fuck out of my mom Left_bar160/200Just owned the fuck out of my mom Empty_bar  (160/200)
    Weave:
    Just owned the fuck out of my mom Left_bar30/30Just owned the fuck out of my mom Empty_bar  (30/30)

Just owned the fuck out of my mom Empty Re: Just owned the fuck out of my mom

Post by Ordin Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:55 pm

She didn't respond because she's trying to block it out of her memory so she doesn't have to learn anything about the ideas that have been forced into her head since she was little!

I've given up arguing with idiots. Now I just threaten violence.
    Trevlac
    Trevlac
    Admin

Female Number of posts : 686
    Experience :
    Just owned the fuck out of my mom Left_bar0 / 500 / 50Just owned the fuck out of my mom Right_bar

Ultimate End character
    Class:
    Life:
    Just owned the fuck out of my mom Left_bar10/10Just owned the fuck out of my mom Empty_bar  (10/10)
    Weave:
    Just owned the fuck out of my mom Left_bar5/5Just owned the fuck out of my mom Empty_bar  (5/5)

Post by Trevlac Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:40 pm

She is being a total cuntfuck. Here's the emails sent between me and her about it (because apparently she's too chicken shit to talk to me in person)

Me:
    I didn't appreciate how you ignored my existence when I read the Bible back to you just as you asked me to. So here, do the research yourself. I googled "bible", clicked the first result, then on that page searched the entire bible for the word "carpenter". It only appears 10 times.

http://www.biblegateway.com/quicksearch/?quicksearch=carpenter&qs_version=31

Scroll to the very bottom. Matthew 13:54-56:

Coming to his hometown, he began teaching the people in their synagogue, and they were amazed. "Where did this man get this wisdom and these miraculous powers?" they asked. "Isn't this the carpenter's son? Isn't his mother's name Mary, and aren't his brothers James, Joseph, Simon and Judas? Aren't all his sisters with us? Where then did this man get all these things?"

This is the only time carpenter and Jesus are in the same chapter ever. And Jesus is referred to as the carpenter's son. Later they agree that he is not and that he is a rabbi and allow him to continue preaching. Thereafter, in every other gospel he is only referred to as a rabbi.

Mom:
    I was not ingnoring you. I was just not answering till I could look up. There are 4 stories of his life and it could be in any one of them. Here is the only reference to him being a carpenter: Mark 3:3

• Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary , the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.

• But Jesus said unto them , A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house.

It is a parrallel of the one you found and some scholars say Mark was not saying he was a carpenter, just referring to his father in this scripture.

So, this means that it doesn't say he was a carpenter definitively. I think people have gotten from the custom that the oldest son would have followed in his father's trade and he was 30 before his ministry started and would have been doing something all those years. According to Jewish custom, he couldn't have been teaching rabbi till he was 25.

Me:
    Matthew, not Mark. And according to Jewish custom he couldn't be a laborer and ever be a rabbi. That was one of their laws. Also Mark 3:3 is

He said to the man with the paralyzed hand, "Come forward."

Not what you said. And as I pointed out it is not the only reference. That lies in Matthew 13:55 (54-56 for the full readout). I proceeded to check several other sources after this and articles that some others have written on the same subject. Regardless that some of the translations from the original Greek deviate, they all agree that the implication of the question was to decide if he was of laborer class or rabbi class. And if you read on you see that they determine he's the son of a carpenter and was always a rabbi.

Mom:
    It is Mark. The 4 gospels have a lot of parrallel scriptures. This particular passage is in all 4 gospels but on says he was a carpenter in Mark. The other 3 it says he was the son of a carpenter.

At this point I wanted to choke this bitch. She obviously did not read my previous email.

Me:
    Again, as I said before, Mark 3:3 does not say anything about Jesus or carpentry. Go read it. Or just look at the previous email I sent.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 7:56 pm