Furious Angels

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

How's Your day?

Daius
    Daius

Male Number of posts : 202
    Experience :
    How's Your day? Left_bar3 / 503 / 50How's Your day? Right_bar

Ultimate End character
    Class: Judge
    Life:
    How's Your day? Left_bar179/179How's Your day? Empty_bar  (179/179)
    Weave:
    How's Your day? Left_bar23/23How's Your day? Empty_bar  (23/23)

How's Your day? Empty How's Your day?

Post by Daius Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:29 pm

Alright, listen to this. Have you tried just talking to someone on the street? I mean they give you this weird fucking look like your crazy if it's out of any ordinary "conversation with a stanger" questions like, "Hey man you got the time?" Seriosuly, I mean I was walking down the street one day and I see this guy. He comes walking up to me and he asked, "Hey, mind if I borrow some change? I need like... a doller thirty." I go scrounging in my pocket and I pull out a toonie for the guy and I give it to him. This guy nods in appreciation and then he says "So how's your day going?" Fuck man I was a little taken back from this. This was so out of the fucking ordinary I said "Oh you know, It just does." What kind of a fucking answer was that you know? I mean I didn't really have anything to say. Some random guy off the street, asking me for change, asks me how my day went? You know now that I think about it, this guy was really the first guy to ASK me how my day was. Fuck my girlfriend didn't even ask me when I came home from classes earlier that day.

Anyways, since this guy asked me how my day was, I decided to see how his day went. So I said something along the lines of "You having a good day too?" After I asked that the guy gives me a violent nod, kinda like he was head-banging and says "Yeah, It's been an alright day. Just got out of the hospital." I said, "No shit? What were you in the hospital for?"

Now he was the guy with the shock on his face. He goes on to say, "Well, I was in a car crash." I said "oh yeah? That fucking sucks man." The guy shrugs his shoulders and says "yeah, I was gonna go get a newspaper to see what day it is. That's why I asked for change." Not thinking much of it, I told him "Oh, it's January 26. Is that a big deal?" Well, to him it seemed like a big deal, because the next question out of his mouth was "What year?"

I was kind of puzzled, Why the hell would he want to know what year it was? I mean, Isn't the giant party downtown on December 31st enough for him to realize that's now 2009? But you know, I told him it was 2009. Next thing I know the guys on his fucking knees, almost in fucking shock. One thing going through my head was "Oh fuck he's passing out" but he was just taken back. I helped the guy up and I thought I'd get the guy some coffee.

We're sitting in a coffee shop and I found out after he gets his nerves together that the guy was in a coma or something for a fucking year. Remember that big horrible mess on the 400 highway system? Yeah, turns out this guy was in the dead center of it and took a good fucking blow to the head. He wakes up about a year later and they just... took him off of life support and discharged the guy. Didn't tell him a fucking thing. Didn't even ask him how he was.

So this guy had a fucking story. And an interesting one at that you know? And it got me thinking... If we don't take the time to talk to people on the streets and we miss their stories because we look at each other weird, what makes us think that we're not missing anything with the people we know? I mean yeah I can understand that its casual talking with a stranger and you really don't get to talk much, but what if we took the time to maybe have a conversation on the street? Don't you think that we may learn something about someone we never knew? And perhaps we could, iunno, maybe feel a little closer to people than walking by each other without even a passing glance?

Oh, and by the way, that guy who asked me for change? He tried to stop 3 other people and none of them even stopped. When he stopped me and we talked, we became great friends after that. Perhaps you meet the most interesting people on the street, not in your comfort zone. So after that, I simply ask one question after asking a stranger a question:

"How's your day?"
    Ordin
    Ordin
    Admin

Male Number of posts : 432
    Experience :
    How's Your day? Left_bar4 / 504 / 50How's Your day? Right_bar

Ultimate End character
    Class: Gladiator/Judge
    Life:
    How's Your day? Left_bar160/200How's Your day? Empty_bar  (160/200)
    Weave:
    How's Your day? Left_bar30/30How's Your day? Empty_bar  (30/30)

How's Your day? Empty Re: How's Your day?

Post by Ordin Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:01 am

Is this fake? 'Cause if it is I'm gonna ragequit FA.
    Trevlac
    Trevlac
    Admin

Female Number of posts : 686
    Experience :
    How's Your day? Left_bar0 / 500 / 50How's Your day? Right_bar

Ultimate End character
    Class:
    Life:
    How's Your day? Left_bar10/10How's Your day? Empty_bar  (10/10)
    Weave:
    How's Your day? Left_bar5/5How's Your day? Empty_bar  (5/5)

Post by Trevlac Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:19 am

I'll ragequit life.
    Toothpick
    Toothpick

Male Number of posts : 273
    Experience :
    How's Your day? Left_bar2 / 502 / 50How's Your day? Right_bar

Ultimate End character
    Class: Gladiator
    Life:
    How's Your day? Left_bar166/166How's Your day? Empty_bar  (166/166)
    Weave:
    How's Your day? Left_bar18/18How's Your day? Empty_bar  (18/18)

Post by Toothpick Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:57 pm

Jesus, can you imagine? He gets up, thinking he'sbeen out for a couple of days, and then BAM, he realizes he LOST A WHOLE YEAR.
    I hope he getshis job back, if it's even still around...
    If this is true.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:26 pm